Friday, March 3, 2017

The God that I Know

I heard this song on the radio last week and I immediately shared it with a friend of mine. I really couldn't put into words what I was feeling until the next day. Her reply back to me was, "that's some great blogging right there!!" I laughed, because I had actually started typing on an old blog of mine, but then I decided to delete it. Enjoy the song, let it sink in, and then read what stood out to me about it! I would love to hear what stood out to you in the comments!! 



Probably the single most difficult spiritual/emotional battle for me is getting myself lined up with the truth. I know what is true. I know the word of God. I know what God says. I know who God is. But I struggle constantly with my own thoughts and feelings. I can be the first one to encourage someone else, but I never quite believe the same things I say to them for me.

"Fear"... fear is worry, is anxiety... and it creates feelings... 

I am not:
  • pretty enough
  • good enough
  • loved
  • wanted
  • worthy
  • worth anything
First, the whole entire song is 100% where I am... every word. But when it said "There's a place where fear has to face the God you know" over and over again... it was like something inside of me clicked. 

Not that I "Feel" any different, but it was just a reminder that God is going to take care of this. This battle IS going to face the reality of the God that I KNOW!! Not the God that I feel right now (because I am not feeling much to be very honest). The fact that I feel so distant and far from God right now is not fun and not where I want to be, but it is ok. It is ok because it isn't about the God that I feel. It is about the God that I KNOW!! And the thing about that is, no matter what I feel like... we all know that when God faces anything... He wins!!! 

 I don't really even think this song is going to change how I feel, but it was just a breather. It was "permission" to walk through where I am, feeling distant, without it being another thing to beat myself up about. Does it mean I want it to stay this way? Absolutely NOT!! But maybe it is ok that I feel the way I do... just for now.

1 comment: